Greetings.....

Hi there, welcome to Pro Mind Resources. This site was created to reach out to our friends, share knowledge and offer our services to all. Feel free to browse and share your thoughts or comments. We want to be the platform for Personal Reflection Opportunity. We offer programs that are Multiple Intelligence Nurturing Development. Hope you find what you are looking for and do come again. Something new will be published on our blogs weekly. To follow Pro Mind, please click on the Join this site link on your right. Thank you.

Sunday 23 October 2011

Should English be the default language?

 This was on The Star (20th October 2011) pg 54.

The views of this writer had aroused me to write my perspective of the issue.  In my earlier blog postings, I questioned whether English should be the default language for Commerce and Knowledge (Academic & Intellectual interactions). I proposed that the language of the trading partner that have the upper hand in the trading transaction will be the language of commerce (at least in the transactions involving the two parties). I also proposed that the language of Knowledge is the language use to create, transfer/share and apply the knowledge.

While one can insist on English to be the language of commerce if and when one has an upper hand in trading or both parties agrees to do so, I find it wrong for one to insist on English to be the language of knowledge. To help me with this argument, I invite you to watch this video from TED.com. The speaker talk about how insisting on English will limit knowledge and in fact cause lost of knowledge. Enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your short comments are welcome. For longer comments, please email me.